By Breaking the taboos, misconceptions & discriminations
Myths & Misconceptions
- Epilepsy is incurable!
- Epilepsy is inheritable!
- Epilepsy is a curse caused by evil spirits!
- Just because I am epileptic, my spouse can claim for divorce!
- Epilepsy patients connot marry & bear child!
- By hiding from everyone, I can protect my child woth epilepsy in school!
- Up to 70% of patients with epilepsy can become seizure-free with proper treatment. Hence Epilepsy is curable!
- More than 90% epilepsy cases do not pass from parent to child!
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder of brain!
- As per law passed by Government of India in 20th Dec 1999, Epilepsy is no more an illness to claim for divorce!
- With proper treatment, every patient can become seizure free and can happily marry & bear child!
- Parents should inform school authorities about their child’s condition so that school authorities can take appropriate measures to help the child when the need aries!